Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Love the Rut!!

I had one of my most exciting and memorable hunts the other night! I was hunting in a ground blind, with Jared filming. I put out a Code Blue Temptation with doe estrus and got in the blind. It wasn't 10 minutes before a spike walked right out to the scent. Jared didn't even have the camera set up yet. The spike finally walked off & about 20 minutes later, 7 turkeys came out at 25 yards. They left after a few minutes but then came back out at 12 yards so I shot it with my bow. My FIRST turkey!!
About 5 minutes after that, a 7 point walked out to the Temptation at 27 yards, perfect broadside & I got him. He's not a monster, but it makes for a pretty good story & Jared got it all on film!! So stay tuned, these may also be on Deep Woods Adventures!!
(By the way, that Code Blue temptation really did its job! As we were doing the post interview after I found my buck, 3 more smaller bucks were also walking out to the scent!)
I did all of this wearing my new favorite SHE clothing: the SHE Cat Skinz, and the SHE Classic Pant & Jacket (which is only available at Bass Pro). My favorite thing about these is how quiet and easy they are to move in. That is extremely important, especially when hunting in the ground blind, which was cramped with me, Jared, & the camera equipment.



No comments:

Post a Comment