Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shooting Tips




Bow season is going to be here before you know it! Here are some things I do when practicing shooting that helps get me ready for season:


1) Consistency is the most important thing! Make sure you are anchoring the exact same way each & every time . I have a kisser on my bow, which really helps with accuracy.


2) Gripping your bow too tight can torque your bow to the left or right & make your shooting off. I put a wrist sling on my bow to help me remember that, plus it makes it harder to drop your bow out of your stand when shooting at a big buck!


3) Shooting at smaller dots on your target will help improve your accuracy. I have the pink Crush target, & I usually shoot at the smaller deer footprints rather than the actual circles.


4) Here's a tip to see if you are pulling back too much weight with your bow: Get your bow & sit down in a chair. Pull your feet up so they aren't touching the ground & pull your bow back. If you can't get it back, or are struggling too much, you are pulling too much weight. I only shoot about 45 pounds, and all you need is 40. I would hate to have a big buck walk in front of me in the stand & not be able to get my bow back!




























No comments:

Post a Comment